Bioinformatics Developer (Intermediate to Senior)
But enough about us, what about you? The team here at NetValue is looking for a range of bioinformatics developers (intermediate to senior) to join us in our Hamilton office and take part in some of the exciting work we do for our clients. You will need to have a passion for development, a positive, can-do attitude and the ability to keep up in a fast-paced, variable work environment. Ideally, we are looking for someone who has:
- 2+ years in a software development role in the software development industry for intermediates
- 5+ years in a software development role in the software development industry for seniors
- Applicable qualification in software development or computer science, or similar
- Comfortable with unix command line / shell script programming
- Good experience with version control (Git) and code repository/release management
- Familiar with sequence analysis and/or microarray data analysis tools and algorithms
- Experience with next-generation sequencing data a plus
- Data science experience (Jupyter / RStudio) a plus
- Applied mathematics, Bayesian statistics, machine learning, optimization algorithms, and bioinformatics experience a plus
Your responsibilities will include:
- Analyzing large-scale genomic data using a range of bioinformatics tools and algorithms, including statistical modeling, machine learning, and data visualization.
- Developing and implementing software programs and pipelines for data analysis and interpretation, using programming languages such as Python and R. These pipelines are often placed in the cloud for scalability and accessibility.
- Providing technical expertise and support to researchers in the field, including troubleshooting and problem-solving.
- Staying up-to-date with the latest developments in the field of bioinformatics, and incorporating new techniques and technologies into research projects and workflows.
- Training and mentoring other members of the research team, including students and junior staff, in bioinformatics methods and techniques.
We are accredited with Immigration New Zealand and are ready to support the right candidates on their journey to relocate to New Zealand. There is no formal deadline to this role, as we anticipate hiring all through 2023 and 2024. Get in touch today to get the ball rolling!