Sometimes you need a kick start to get you to the top of the list, and with Google Adwords you can have ads online in a matter of minutes. There are many other benefits however, including:
Control Over Your Marketing Message and Objectives
- Your ad is displayed to people who are already searching online for your product or service – meaning these people are more likely to take action if your ad appeals to them.
- You can choose where and to whom your ad appears (including target locations, audiences, schedules and devices) and what kind of ad will suit your marketing goals, whether it’s display advertising or text-based ads.
Control Over Your Budget
- With cost-per-click (CPC) bidding, you’re charged only when someone clicks your ad and there are many ways to configure these bids, depending on your campaign.
- You decide how much or little you want to spend monthly. Some clients choose as little as $2.00 per day (but there is no minimum).
Build on Successful Ad Campaigns
- AdWords offers up-to-date reports on how your ad is doing, allowing you to use data to optimize your campaigns.
- Use insights to examine how new customers connect to your business.
Types of AdWord Campaigns
There are two types of campaigns in AdWords – Display and Search.
Display ads are image-based and are ideal for increasing your brand awareness and reach. They often appear on sites such as the NZ Herald.
With Display you can make compelling, interactive ad campaigns that can be targeted to specific websites of either your choosing or Google’s recommendation.
Display ads are a great way to reach a wider audience. When combined with an email campaign or social media push they become a powerful tool, tying your messaging together. The ability to cater specific messages to certain groups of people based on interest, topic or location make them great for testing new audiences or market segments.
Our Google qualified specialists work with you in creating campaigns and can even provide design assets if necessary.
Search ads are text-based and are ideal for getting customers visiting your site. They are typically found at the top of search results or down the side as ‘sponsored ads’.
Text or ‘search’ ads traditionally convert more than display ads as the format is similar to traditional Google listings and they contain ad copy that is designed to spark action, where as display ads are designed to foster brand association.
Search ads also work a little differently as they display on the search results page and rely on quality scores, keywords and bids. Success is measured in ‘clicks’ where display ads are measured in ‘views’.
For businesses who want the most immediate impact on visitors to their website, search advertising is the perfect option. Whether your budget is small, large or somewhere in-between, you will get instant traffic to your website provided your ad copy is compelling enough and the correct keywords for your product have been applied.